[dmarc-discuss] dmarc Newbie

Wojtowicz, Andrew awojtowicz at tenafly.k12.nj.us
Thu May 9 10:55:56 PDT 2019

I'm a newbie with dmarc.  I've been playing around with some generators and I thought I had it setup right but found out today one of my staff members sent out an notification email, that uses blackboard, and it didn't go to all gmail and yahoo users.

Saw this message in log..

SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data: 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from (My domain) is not accepted due to\n550-5.7.1 domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of\n550-5.7.1 (My Domain) domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit\n550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the\n550 5.7.1 DMARC initiative. z37si617489qvc.90 - gsmtp

Where can I get some help on setting up the correct dmarc dns setting?

Thank you

Andrew Wojtowicz
Network Engineer
Tenafly Public Schools
500 Tenafly Rd
Tenafly, NJ 07670
Work - (201) 816-4555
Cell - (201) 563-9661
Email - awojtowicz at tenafly.k12.nj.us<mailto:awojtowicz at tenafly.k12.nj.us>
[shield logo (Custom) (2)]

NOTICE: This email message, including any attachment(s), is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.