[dmarc-discuss] Third party host email and DMARC

Jerry Warner JerryW at cds.com
Mon Jun 11 12:29:35 PDT 2018

I'm still having fails when my web hosting company sends order
confirmations to my customers.   I have my own mail server which
handles most of my email however my ecommerce host handles order
confirmations etc.  Those emails fail DMARC.

Here's my spf key (edited).

v=spf1 a mx a:MINE.com a:mail.MINE.com a:smpt5.volusion.com ~all

Obviously Volusion is my web host and I have confirmed that
smpt5.volusion.com is the server they send mail from.

Volusion themselves are of no help. Depending on who I talk to they
act like they've never heard of DMARC or they willl only help people
if Voluison hosts your DNS and email.  In my case, they do neither.

What do I have wrong?