[dmarc-discuss] Suggested DMARC policy for PEC (Italian certified e-mail)

Todd Weltz tweltz at agari.com
Thu Feb 15 06:40:40 PST 2018

Hi Denis,

For now, rather than leaving all sub-domains open, I would recommend
publishing an explicit record for pec.salicetti.it with a p=none and
setting salicetti.it back to sp=reject.  This will put the reject policy
back in place for all other potential sub-domains, but the explicit record
for pec.salicetti.it will mean that it will not inherit the sub-domain
policy from salicetti.it

It sounds like deliverability is absolutely critical on these messages so
possibly you wouldn't move forward with a stronger DMARC policy on this
sub-domain.  But potentially you could check with the Certified Email
Provider to see if they have options to authenticate the mail.

Regards,
Todd Weltz

--
Todd Weltz, Customer Success Engineer