[dmarc-discuss] Forwarding Calendar Invitations

Sim sim at simonliebold.de
Thu Aug 17 10:26:45 PDT 2017

Am 11.08.2017 um 18:34 schrieb Steve Atkins via dmarc-discuss:
> B's MUA could mitigate the damage by rewriting the From: field, but that will
> harm everyone's email experience,
I am speaking of a user with his MUAs forwarding messages. In this
scenario rewriting the "From:" is rather the norm than the exception.

The only exception I observed is MS Outlook setting From: = ORGANIZER if
the message that is being forwarded is a calendar invitation. I wonder
what the reasoning behind this is and if there are any other MUAs that
do that.

Simon