[dmarc-discuss] is that *really* valid

Vladimir Dubrovin dubrovin at corp.mail.ru
Wed Apr 6 08:55:47 PDT 2016

This From contains 2 mailboxes (Lastname and user at yahoo.com). This is
valid RFC 5322 syntax

   from            =   "From:" mailbox-list CRLF
 mailbox-list    =   (mailbox *("," mailbox)) / obs-mbox-list

but it's invalid for DMARC RFC 7489 and it's not covered by DMARC
specification:

   The absence of a single, properly formed RFC5322 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322>.From field renders
   the message invalid.  Handling of such a message is outside of the
   scope of this specification.

Processing of message like this is implementation specific, any
implementation does not violate RFC 7489.