[dmarc-discuss] odd web form problems with dmarc

SheridanJ West sheridanj.west at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:22:57 PDT 2015

Hello i use dmarc and have it in use, love the reports on spoofing we get

I have had this issue twice now, once on a microsoft system months ago -
use the powerdns.net webform, and this which is reported by a user

So the user used a web form, entered his email address into the form and
pressed send but the remote system did not like our dmarc record as that is
the logical thing being we dont host with the people whom where being
contacted

<x at skynet.be>: host mx101.skynet.be[195.238.22.25] said: 550
    #5.7.1 DMARC unauthenticated mail is prohibited. (in reply to end of
DATA
    command)

--/hermes-outmx02.proxi.technology

Reporting-MTA: dns; hermes-outmx02.proxi.technology
Arrival-Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:32:22 +0100 (CET)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; x at skynet.be
Remote-MTA: dns; mx101.skynet.be
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.7.1 DMARC unauthenticated mail is prohibited.

Is there anything i can do without removing dmarc to idiot proof dumb web
forms not in my control ?

Our user emailed them ok.  So the records do work

Clues most welcome, or is this a somebody else's problem
S West