[dmarc-discuss] A bit quiet?

Andrew Beverley andy at simplelists.com
Fri Oct 23 05:03:23 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-22 at 20:16 +0000, Terry Zink via dmarc-discuss wrote:

> > Sad to see that Gmail plan to move to p=reject
>
> Why do you say this?

Because I thought Google "got it", and the announcement seems a little
premature.

>  Because it will disrupt mailing lists

The reasons have already been discussed extensively, and generally boil
down to cost vs benefit.

> If ARC solves the problem of mailing lists, then it means anyone with
> a domain with p=reject can join a mailing list (which is great, no
> hacky workarounds needed) and helps drive email authentication
> forward.

Of course, if everything works out fine (and in time) then great. It
will have been a long journey getting there though - let's hope it's
worth the cost.

Andy