[dmarc-discuss] A bit quiet?

Franck Martin fmartin at linkedin.com
Thu Oct 22 13:45:42 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Terry Zink via dmarc-discuss <
dmarc-discuss at dmarc.org> wrote:

> > Sad to see that Gmail plan to move to p=reject
>
> Why do you say this? Because it will disrupt mailing lists (as in,
> yahoo.com refugees moved to gmail.com and now that will no longer
> available)?
>
> And it is unlikely recommending users to move to another provider will be
a long term solution. The solution is implementing DMARC, and the community
needs help to tackle all mail software and appliances.

For the forwarders that modify emails, ARC provides a filter (milter) on
the incoming and outgoing path of emails, which means it is unlikely that
mailing lists need to be changed, but only the MTA that support the mailing
list. I think the proposition is slightly simpler to deploy here.