[dmarc-discuss] a detour into S/MIME, was MLM and Header-From rewriting

Rock, Paul paul.rock at teamaol.com
Tue Jun 10 08:08:23 PDT 2014

Depends on the client as well. Currently the version of Outlook (2010) I'm using on my Windows box also treats the signature as an attachment it doesn't know what to do with. Mail.app (version 7.3) on my Mac does understand that David has a signature, but I have a big warning across the top of the mail that the signature can't be verified due to an email address mismatch. Granted, that's an artifact of the mailing list, but even still, here's a live case where S/MIME has an issue - and I'm sure that David and anyone else using a client that supports S/MIME will see the same warning about mail on this list from me.

PAUL ROCK
Senior Programmer/Analyst | AOL Mail
P: 703-265-5734 | C: 703-980-8380
AIM: paulsrock
44900 Prentice Dr. | Dulles, VA | 20166-9305