[dmarc-discuss] MLM and Header-From rewritting - the SMTPopen-relay analogy

Shal Farley shal at roadrunner.com
Sat Jun 7 10:10:32 PDT 2014

Dave,

> It would be worth documenting both the nature of how they are harder to
> use and the extent of the effect.
>
> There is a widely held view that the only effect is a bit of visual
> ugliness, rather than of any serious user detriment.

The nature of the detriments experienced by Yahoo Groups users I can report based on my position as moderator of two major moderator-help groups. I get a lot of screaming in my inbox, from moderators who are themselves being screamed at by their members. I touched upon it in my message of June 5.
http://lists.dmarc.org/pipermail/dmarc-discuss/2014-June/002882.html

Quantifying the extent of it is a bit more tricky (read: seems intractable from my position), as it is all self-reported end-user experiences.

-- Shal