[dmarc-discuss] MLM and Header-From rewritting - the SMTPopen-relay analogy

Larry Finch finches at portadmiral.org
Sat Jun 7 06:24:40 PDT 2014

On Jun 7, 2014, at 3:50 AM, J. Gomez via dmarc-discuss <dmarc-discuss at dmarc.org> wrote:

> The argument is that DMARC is a paradigm shift in email usage akin to the paradigm shift of "no-open-relays".
>
> DMARC makes email so much more secure, as "no-open-relays" did.

Except, as I and others have discovered in the past few days, DMARC does NOT make email "so much more secure,” as phishers and spammers have already found workarounds to continue their assault. So all DMARC has accomplished is to inconvenience large, distributed communities of legitimate mail forwarders such as mailing lists with no long term benefit.

best regards,
Larry

--
Larry Finch