[dmarc-discuss] DMARC thwarted already?

Murray S. Kucherawy superuser at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:06:58 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Les Barstow via dmarc-discuss <
dmarc-discuss at dmarc.org> wrote:

> I agree - DMARC does not protect against the From description. But if the
> MUA were to display the full From header rather than the description only,
> we might be getting somewhere.
>
> The rest of your response backs up my point; the will to get this done
> "right" in a broader sense does not exist and we're left with ineffective
> band-aids and holes large enough to drive a truck full of phish through.

+1.  Any comprehensive solution to this cluster of problems requires that
the discussion cover everything from the IP layer all the way up through
layer 9, and not punt on any of it.  That obviously exceeds the scope of
anything we've tried before, but that doesn't change this ultimate
requirement.

-MSK