[dmarc-discuss] DMARC Statistics

henry at unlocktheinbox.com henry at unlocktheinbox.com
Thu Oct 3 14:46:30 PDT 2013

I don't process emails I consider spam (Which is based on a number of
factors) and your right, if I just did statistics on all incoming mail the
results would be much different. Since it's a testing tool, I try not to
send a response to spam.

Most of the emails are from people testing to see if they have everything
set up correctly. They get a report back that looks similar to this:
http://unlocktheinbox.com/resources/emailauthentication/ within a few
minutes.

I say a good 80% of the emails that are process are from legit people
testing. Most people end up putting "Test" in the subject line, with repeat
iterations trying to get everything to pass cleanly. I should add a counter
for the # of emails I just disregard. I did a quick search for paypal on my
block list and quite a few emails showed up (which don't get processed).

There are actually people who have 512 bit SSL set up, even though it says
0%, it's really a number under 0.5% due to rounding.

It's just stats - I hoping over time it might provide some useful trending.

Henry Timmes
www.UnlockTheInbox.com