[dmarc-discuss] multiple from

Franck Martin fmartin at linkedin.com
Tue Jul 16 11:13:46 PDT 2013

On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Andrew Sullivan <asullivan at dyn.com<mailto:asullivan at dyn.com>> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Franck Martin <fmartin at linkedin.com<mailto:fmartin at linkedin.com>> wrote:
While people speak it is in the RFC to have multiple emails in the From, it is hard to catch a real use case in the wild.

I found it simpler to disallow it (unless it is the same domain which is repeated cf bugs above)

While it might be fun to watch the train wreck, when dmarc reached the standardization point, if the above were the position the draft took, I predict that nobody on the train would enjoy the ride.  I suspect many will think it unreasonable to toss away perfectly well-formed messages on the grounds that they're too hard to cope with.

You miss my point entirely. To have a train wreck, you need a train. I have not seen any train in ages. This line is disaffected and kept only for the steam hobbyists.