[dmarc-discuss] multiple from

Andrew Sullivan asullivan at dyn.com
Tue Jul 16 09:34:45 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Franck Martin <fmartin at linkedin.com>wrote:

> While people speak it is in the RFC to have multiple emails in the From,
> it is hard to catch a real use case in the wild.
>
> I found it simpler to disallow it (unless it is the same domain which is
> repeated cf bugs above)

While it might be fun to watch the train wreck, when dmarc reached the
standardization point, if the above were the position the draft took, I
predict that nobody on the train would enjoy the ride.  I suspect many will
think it unreasonable to toss away perfectly well-formed messages on the
grounds that they're too hard to cope with.

Best regards,

Andrew