[dmarc-discuss] dmarc-discuss Digest, Vol 19, Issue 3

Douglas Otis doug.mtview at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 10:01:04 PDT 2013

On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:47 AM, Tim Starr <tim.starr at sendgrid.com> wrote:

> I've seen multiple Froms in the wild, but only in error, and the only
> way I found them was in Gmail bounces, citing the RFC as saying they
> were invalid. So, Gmail at least seems to take the position that
> nothing should be sent with multiple Froms. Does anyone else actually
> treat them as valid?

Dear Tim,

You will find most providers follow the recommendation of RFC5321 and don't reject such messages.  RFC5322 has changed several times recently.  Far too often for deployment of revamped SMTP servers.   Of course, typical bayesian filters would have likely placed the messages into the spam folder, but DKIM now runs the risk of preventing this from happening as expected.

Regards,
Douglas Otis