[dmarc-discuss] multiple from

Andreas Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Tue Jul 16 06:19:24 PDT 2013

Hello,

"The domain name extracted from a message's RFC5322.From field is the
primary identifier in the DMARC mechanism."

RFC5322, Secion 3.6.2 allow multiple originators in a from field. In
this case there must be a sender field
present.

I did not find any statements about this situation in the draft.
I expect the primary identifier would be the RFC5322.Sender, right?

Or is dmarc only applicable if RFC5322.From has exactly one originator?
Also that isn't declared in the draft.

Anyway: I think multiple RFC5322.From are nice and there may be
academical use cases
but it adds unnecessary complexity in todays applications.
Maybe it could be "defined" out of the way :-)

Andreas