[dmarc-discuss] Discussion mailing lists - a reality check

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sat Jun 23 18:21:16 PDT 2012

How many people here actually run discussion list servers?  I run one with
about a hundred lists.  I know Dave Crocker has one at mipassoc.org.
Does anyone else?

I know from direct experience that discussion lists don't have delivery
problems.  They do not need DMARC's help.  The worst thing that happens is
that one gets spammed from a subscriber's phished account (something DMARC
can't fix), there's a flurry of complaints, and that's it.