John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sat Jun 23 16:54:48 PDT 2012

>Fact is, I as a sender or host of a mailing list don't have the juice to tell
>Yahoo or Gmail to "just whitelist my discussion list and be done with it."

Of course not.  We've had discussion lists for upwards of 30 years.
Mail systems know how to handle them.  Users actively want list mail,
they're whitelisted now.  Why do you think that will change?

Do people really think that mail managers are so dim that will
mechanically stick DMARC in front of everything else, and be unable to
figure out that they need to do their existing list whitelisting
first?

R's,
John

PS: The summary reports from Google even tell you when an IP is marked
as a list host.  I can send samples if you don't believe me.