Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Sat Jun 23 12:36:46 PDT 2012

On 22/06/12 22:54, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Theoretically, but in practical terms we all know how it will work.
> SA will add DMARC checks and +5 the p=rejects, etc., .... and soon
> we'll be back to p=none like we are with SPF ~

Either that, or there will be so many false positives that receivers
would consider DMARC failures as a really weak indicator e.g. +1,
thereby affecting the big customers who become more vulnerable to
phishing again.

Personally Jim, I think your assessment of this issue has been perfect
despite John Levine's attitude.  He questioned my competence off-list
but I'm unable to reply to him directly as his own mail system blocks my
DKIM-signed, SPF-verified direct mail from a DNSWL-whitelisted server
with properly configured forward and reverse DNS.

I don't think I've any more to add on this discussion beyond the
suggestions I already made in this thread which still stand.  I hope
this particular problem can be addressed in some way or I expect it
would hinder wider adoption.

Thanks.
Steven Chamberlain
steven at pyro.eu.org