John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Jun 22 19:52:22 PDT 2012

>...   My mailinglists have been, and will be, doing
>the same thing.  But bofa.com's new DMARC record suddenly makes me
>look like a spammer/phisher to GMail/Yahoo/Hotmail/Yeah/163/etc.

You seem to have an awfully low opinion of the competence of Gmail,
Yahoo, Hotmail, and so forth.

It is clear from Gmail's summary reports that they already have a
pretty good idea of where the mailing lists are.  I expect all of the
other large mail systems do, too.  Assuming they are not morons, why
would they pay attention to obviously wrong DMARC advice rather than
just continuing to whitelist the mail their users surely want?

R's,
John