Brian Corrigan bcorrigan at majorleaguegaming.com
Fri Jun 22 06:30:47 PDT 2012

Forgive the new guy...

One feature of DKIM that seems very interesting (and potentially
applicable) is the ability to divide the key namespace up using
selectors. If I understand correctly, wouldn't this address many of
the problems being discussed here?

For example, in the case of a single (.edu?) domain that sends both
transactional and user-generated emails, isn't it possible to use a
separate key for each message type?

For that matter, if you used a key per user (granted, this would be a
*lot* of keys) you could verify not only that the message originated
from a specific domain, but from a specific user on that domain.  On
the issue of mail forwarding agents, conceptually, wouldn't using per
user keys solve the issue?

Finally, maybe a more practical approach is to have an arbitrarily
large number of keys and just use a random one each time you sign.

Cheers,
Brian