[dmarc-discuss] Is DMARC the right place for SMTP-TLS policy and reporting?

Murray Kucherawy msk at fb.com
Wed Jun 20 13:15:40 PDT 2012

If you're talking about a mechanism to advertise that you will only accept SMTP with TLS, then you're stirring a memory in me that someone's doing this at the IETF now, but I can't recall the specifics.  Perhaps someone else on the list has a better memory than I do.  You can also, of course, just tell your MTAs not to allow unencrypted unauthenticated connections, and hope clients will wise up.

If you're talking about adding the capability to include TLS details in the aggregate DMARC report, we could discuss adding it as an optional field in the reports in the –03 version of the draft.

-MSK