Elizabeth Zwicky zwicky at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Jun 20 11:31:23 PDT 2012

(yahoo.com is where the customers are; we don't send transactional mail from it.)

Yes, the fact that domains containing people behaving like random humans cannot use quarantine or reject is an issue. So are cousin domains, MUAs that don't display the entire From: address, and fraudulent mail originated from free email boxes, to name only problems DMARC doesn't solve that are very very closely related to problems it does solve.

Of these problems, domains-containing-humans is one of the ones most susceptible to procedural fixes, although they are painful ones. They involve strictly separating humans from transactional mail and setting up MUAs so they put up cute little "verified" icons only on transactional mail. Organizations vary a lot on how close they are to these goals.

	Elizabeth