Andreas Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Wed Jun 20 09:52:19 PDT 2012

Am 20.06.2012 14:20 schrieb Steven Chamberlain:
> From the list archives it appears there would be some list information
> and unsubscribe instructions appended to the message body, which would
> cause my DKIM signature not to verify.

Right. Appending a footer and changing the subject is "last century behavior"
to me. Listmanagers (like MTAs too) should avoid *any* modification and
concentrate to their job: maildistribution.

In case of mailman two parameters fixes most of the pain:

 - $subject_prefix = ''
 - $msg_footer = ''

OK. I saw some situations where mailman rewrites an content-type header
but if I consider this as a bug in the sending MUA or a bug in the listmanager
these problems could be fixed.

I wrote these settings to the listadmin (off-list) but maybe there are more
important things to do....

> With many DMARC implementors probably subscribed to this list, I expect
> to be receiving some new failure reports shortly :)
_adsp._domainkey.pyro.eu.org to 'dkim=discardable' is also very aggressiv.
I personaly would expect lost mail with this setting.

I have set only 'dkim=all' and request failure reports. Every mail to this list generates two or three of them because of the mailman :-(

Andreas