[dmarc-discuss] Is DMARC the right place for SMTP-TLS policy and reporting?

Murray Kucherawy msk at fb.com
Tue Jun 19 13:19:35 PDT 2012

You're right.  So when is yours going online?  :-)

-MSK

From: Chris Lamont Mankowski <makerofthings77 at gmail.com<mailto:makerofthings77 at gmail.com>>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:11:03 -0400
To: d <msk at fb.com<mailto:msk at fb.com>>, <dmarc-discuss at dmarc.org<mailto:dmarc-discuss at dmarc.org>>
Subject: Re: [dmarc-discuss] Is DMARC the right place for SMTP-TLS policy and reporting?

Murray wrote:
I imagine there would be more traction if data like that were available.
The irony in Murray's comment is that TLS usage data would be available if it was a reporting system like DMARC were to aggregate and collect it ;)

I suppose the TL;DR version of my long post could read:

"If DMARC acts as a policy and reporting tool for the message envelope, the contents, why not also include transport policy in the mix?  Since transport policy isn't formally defined, let's create a placeholder for it, in this version or VNext."