[dmarc-discuss] the mailing list bad idea, was Google & IPv6 SPF check

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue Jun 12 14:59:50 PDT 2012

> I included trying to preserve DKIM because I
> think it's possible although the other approach makes more sense to me.

Really, we went through this whole argument in the DKIM list and it's
not possible to preserve incoming signatures, nor would it be useful.
The sensible thing for lists to do is to sign the mail they send, so
recipients can recognize it and whitelist it, which works whether or
not you use DMARC.

But I guess this is one of those bad ideas where no matter how many
times it's failed before, people are sure this time is different.
Have fun.

R's,
John