[dmarc-discuss] Google & IPv6 SPF check

MH Michael Hammer (5304) MHammer at ag.com
Tue Jun 12 05:30:26 PDT 2012

I agree that this is a potentially useful exercise but the first step is
to work out the approaches (so that anyone can take the logic and
implement on any list software/implementation) and not simply jump to
patching software. The two basic approaches are:

1)      Attempt to leave the DKIM signature intact as the list handles
mail. Ensuring an SPF pass would be a non-starter as far as I can tell.

2)      The list takes ownership and handles all aspects of DKIM and SPF
compliance on its own behalf as well as performing bounce handling.

Any other options I missed?