[dmarc-discuss] How to handle temporary dns failure?

Michiel van de Vis m.vandevis at acervus.nl
Mon Jun 11 23:27:23 PDT 2012

Hello Junping,

Perhaps temporary errors should be handled differently apart from hard
errors?
Or the receiver shouldn't permanently block the sender based on a (temp)
error?

I don't see how different DMARC/DKIM domains would help.
Both calls have the possibility off receiving a 'TEMP error'.

Furthermore it would be nice to specify a reason for the SPF/DKIM fails in
the forensic report, this would help debugging on the sender's side.
At this moment you only specify the identifiers which did pass the checks,
not the ones which failed.

I'm curious how others think about this.

/Michiel