[dmarc-discuss] Google & IPv6 SPF check

Stef Simoens stef+dml at bgs.org
Thu Jun 7 16:13:11 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the good platform to raise this kind of issues, but I'm sure there are some Google Mail people on this list.

The google.com reports of June 5th and June 6th show my IPv6 IP as sender, but also reveal that the SPF check failed. E-mails sent with the IPv4 address look OK (SPF check OK).

To my knowledge, my SPF and DNS set-up (domain bgs.org; v=spf1 mx a:claudette.bgs.org -all; claudette.bgs.org A 178.32.42.55 / AAAA 2001:41d0:2:30db::207) should work for both IPv4 and IPv6.

Anyone else having the same issue with IPv6?

Kind regards,

--
Stef Simoens
BGS.org hostmaster