[dmarc-discuss] Some stats and external reporting...

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.net
Sun Jun 3 04:34:21 PDT 2012

On 2012-6-1 21:15 , John Levine wrote:
>> 227 domains have an external reporting URI. Out of those, only 8 domains actually have a
>> DOMAIN._report._dmarc.EXTDOMAIN in the DNS, for 2 external report collectors (returnpath.net and
>> axsentis.net. Good work!).
>
> Hey!
>
> $ dig example.com._report._dmarc.abuse.net txt
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> example.com._report._dmarc.abuse.net. 7200 IN TXT "v=DMARC1\; spam=plenty\;"

Ah, excellent, you've uncovered a bug in my implementation! I was ignoring records with unknown tags. Now that that is fixed, abuse.net gets marked as a 'verified' external reporter in my logs. Along with agari.com, barwen.ch and nexit.nl. Great!

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.net>
Systeembeheer XS4ALL Internet bv