[dmarc-discuss] Include statement in DMARC DNS record

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Jun 1 12:08:27 PDT 2012

> One way to achieve this is to have your customer create a CNAME
> record that points back to your own infrastructure.  Then you can
> make changes at will.

It's hard to see anything that a DMARC include would do that a CNAME doesn't already
do just as well.  Since the DMARC record has a unique name, you don't run into any
of the problems you do trying to put a CNAME on an MX or A record.

I realize that provisioning systems don't support exotic records, but
CNAMEs are not exotic, and have been around as long as the DNS has.

R's,
John