[dmarc-discuss] Inbox Clutter

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Jun 1 11:46:51 PDT 2012

In article <000501cd3fbf$1439d410$3cad7c30$@com> you write:
>Wouldn't it make sense to strongly recommend report generating hosts to
>enforce strict alignment to all aspects of the DMARC spec and well as apply
>policy "Reject"? This I guess should help receiving hosts to reject bogus
>report relatively simply.

Those were NDRs, not DMARC reports.  It was long before DMARC was even
invented.  For me the most surprising thing about it was that I didn't
even notice the load on my server, just the much larger log files.

On today's servers, dealing with 500,000 messages a day is not a big
deal.  Any generic server in a rack can do it.